Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military
(06-30-2021, 10:09 AM)Dill Wrote: Also, what is a "Fredtoast move"? Can you cite an example? 

A Fred Toast move is when you either twist someone's argument, or downright ignore the actual points trying to be made, only in order to win a debate.

Here's a couple of silly and exaggerated examples off the top of my head...

Me:  I actually really like Jersey Mike's.  It's close to my work so it convenient, and it's not terribly expensive.

Fred: This guy actually thinks Jersey Mike's is better than buying meat from the butcher and making it at home.
--------
Me: Kyler Murray is better than you think.  His numbers in 2020 were somewhat similar to Lamar Jackson in 2019.  I know the passing TD's weren't as high and TD/INT ratio needs to improve but he did throw for more yards.  He also rushed for more TD's, while only finishing a 100 or so yards less in rushing.  He's a pretty interesting player to keep an eye on.

Fred:  You really think Kyler Murray is an MVP QB?  If you think this guy is a top 5 QB like Lamar Jackson was in 2019 then you're nuts.  You clearly know nothing about QB's if you have him in the same tier as Rogers.

Messages In This Thread
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - Dill - 06-24-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - Wes Mantooth - 06-30-2021, 10:57 AM