Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(06-30-2021, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That makes Trump an idiot, then.  If the public is offended by something and you want to actually win the election you should stop saying it.  Sounds like Trump would rather be offensive than win an election.  That doesn't seem very smart to me.  The guy is the Vontaze Burfict of politics.

This.

Trump was his own worst enemy.  He couldn't get out of his own way.  I don't know if it's because the manner in which he commonly spoke essentially won him the the nomination (and the election of course), or if that's just so much of his personality that no amount of coaching or advice could change it.

People can point to unfair media coverage all they'd like, and that may be true to an extent.  But it's also true that if he was aware of this, which he clearly was, he should have tailored his approach and refined his messaging.  Basically, he should have done everything he could not to give them ammo.  Instead he chose to change nothing, and ultimately suffered as a result.

Like it or not, "pandering" to the public is part of the gig.  That's how elections are won.  And there's a big difference between standing up for your stance or your beliefs, and almost going out of your way to alienate huge chunks of the population.  Even if people don't believe a lot of what he said was wrong, I can not imagine not understanding that some would.  Whether that's fair or unfair is irrelevant.

What I'm anxious to see is what happens in 2024.  Are Republicans smart enough to run a polished candidate that understands the game, (Ex: Desantis), who can run a campaign with similar policy proposals, or are there enough people left that want this dog and pony show again.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane? - Wes Mantooth - 06-30-2021, 04:45 PM