Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach
(06-30-2021, 09:38 AM)PDub80 Wrote: BTW, I was done with Marvin after the 2007 season after watching him struggle to get better or progress with a team who was in their absolute prime. Marvin Lewis had peaked by the end of 2007 and we saw his issues with mental preparedness and fortitude by then (proceedural problems and dead ball penalties). Letting a dumpy Browns team compete with them, collapses late in the season when the games mattered to make the playoffs, massive in-game leads vanished, repeatedly having the same issues on the field (missed/poor tackling was an issue for many seasons), etc etc. These issues plagued Marvin throughout his tenure in Cincinnati over the next 10+ years. I have no problem calling a spade a spade. I just don't think Zac Taylor's been given the proper amount of time to grow into the position - which we all should have known was going to take time.

Not sure where you are coming up with many of these claims.

For example you talk about "collapse late in season when games mattered to make playoffs".  That '07 team was decimated by injury yet they finished 5-3, and I don't recall any season after that when we collapsed and lost key games late in the season causing us to miss playoffs.

And Marvin absolutely dominated the Browns head-to-head.

You talk about blowing leads but over the next 8 years after that '07 season the Bengals won .696% of the games where they held a lead which was 8th best in the league.

You complain about "missed/poor tackling" but the Bengals allowed the 5th fewest yards in the league from '08-'15.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - fredtoast - 06-30-2021, 09:07 PM