Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach
(07-01-2021, 04:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This logic is great if your sole focus is keeping Joe Burrow upright, but isn’t the goal to win games and go to the playoffs?

Zac Taylor wants to keep his job. If Burrow stays healthy but we still lose, great, but he isn’t keeping his job. The best strategy for him was try to positively improve every aspect of the team with the resources available to him in order to win more games…that’s what the team did.

I agree with the strategy, you can’t just put all your resources in one area because keeping Joe healthy is a top priority… to put it another way, ok, let’s take Hendricksons money and move that to a top FA on the online… Joe has a slightly better chance at staying healthy but our defensive pressure is nonexistent. We are gonna lose more games that way IMO…

At the end of the day we are the Cincinnati Bengals, not the Joe Burrows.

oh I get that, and I am firmly on the side of bengals 

but you just nabbed the number 1 overall rookie qb last year in the draft. 

so since he plays a factor in the bengals winning games,

wouldnt you want to protect him at all costs? We saw what happened last year, and frankly, it wasn't surprising.

You dont want to play this like the Colts did with Andrew Luck

I get it, you gotta do what's best for the team

but what's best for the team is keeping Burrow upright.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach - Frank Booth - 07-01-2021, 05:05 PM