Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D’Ante Smith a surprise or too small to play in the NFL?
(07-02-2021, 10:54 AM)TJ528 Wrote: My question is though can you really hide him this year on a depleted line already of talent?  

If people think this draft pick was made for future seasons you can't just let him sit on the roster and not play.  

The kid is on the roster and if he has to play and he fails then he becomes Michael Jordan. 

It's the NFL.  It's sink or swim.  They aren't paying him to just sit on the bench. 

I hear a lot of what you are saying, but for a premium position like tackle (Ramczyk just signed a 5 year, $90 million dollar extension to play RT) it is worth it.  They also invested a fourth round pick on him.  I don't think they will risk him on the PS, especially with Adeniji out for the season already.  

Fred Johnson is still the first tackle off the bench (and please keep him away from the guard position), and Smith would be the second, most likely.  I don't think you move Carman outside and stunt his development at the RG spot. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D’Ante Smith a surprise or too small to play in the NFL? - SHRacerX - 07-02-2021, 10:59 AM