Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D’Ante Smith a surprise or too small to play in the NFL?
(07-02-2021, 10:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hear a lot of what you are saying, but for a premium position like tackle (Ramczyk just signed a 5 year, $90 million dollar extension to play RT) it is worth it.  They also invested a fourth round pick on him.  I don't think they will risk him on the PS, especially with Adeniji out for the season already.  

Fred Johnson is still the first tackle off the bench (and please keep him away from the guard position), and Smith would be the second, most likely.  I don't think you move Carman outside and stunt his development at the RG spot. 

I always thought that the defensive side of the ball was the biggest issue on this team, but the more i look at the deficiencies I think its the OL. 

If you have 2 injuries on that OL you're pretty much screwed, and we both know that a minimum of 2 injuries are going to happen on that line this year.  

You do not have years where the OL stays 100% healthy especially with players already on the OL who have injury backgrounds.  

To keep JB upright this we best hope whoever is drawing up the game plans decide to run the ball more than last year.  Otherwise it may get ugly again.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D’Ante Smith a surprise or too small to play in the NFL? - TJ528 - 07-02-2021, 11:03 AM