Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military
Anyone who has spent enough time on these boards knows exactly how Fred operates. What people are describing is not at all simple misunderstanding. It happens enough to know it's intentional. I don't know how many times I've ended going back and forth with Fred on something where it's clear he's not debating in good faith.

The simpliest way I can describe it is this: A lot of people come to this site to have conversations, which can turn into debates. Fred comes here for only the debate. He's not intersted in actually hearing your opinion, he's interested in debating it. He'll play the contrarian, he'll exaggerate your stance, he'll hyperfocus on a very small part of a larger point, he'll do anything he can to leave the conversation feeling like he won. It does not, IMHO, make for good conversation. Because why would it? It isn't conversation. It's him trying to make himself feel like he's smarter than everyone else.

Who knows, maybe it's a failed law career that drives this? (I have no idea, I'm only speculating because I know he can't see this.) But I would think that pretty much everyone who has been around for awhile knows exactly what it is I'm talking about. And they don't need the receipts to know it's true.

Like it or not, that's just how it goes around here. If you see Fred reply to one of your posts, look to get ready to enter into a debate. And look for you having to spend more time explaining, clarifying, or correcting things he either initially ignored, or he chose to frame in a way that you did not. And don't ever look for a concession or coming to an agreement either. They'll be no "Good post" or "100% agree". He'll either fight tooth and nail, or he'll just up and leave and find someone else to pester.

PS In case you didn't notice, I'm not one of his biggest fans. And for any mod that sees this, I really hope this post is ok. I only made it because he can't see it, and it's been brewing for over a decade.

Messages In This Thread
CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - Dill - 06-24-2021, 07:28 PM
RE: CRT Part II: Defunding the Military - Wes Mantooth - 07-02-2021, 05:01 PM