Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(06-30-2021, 07:51 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm not offended by a lot because I don't read a lot of political rhetoric.  I only occasionally, become involved in a thread here, and usually it's a mistake when I do because politics and religion are two areas where you'll not change 95% of the peoples minds.

Brad is right about one thing though.  People didn't really vote for Biden, they voted against Trump.  It's the same reason why Trump "won" (lost the popular vote) in 2016.....they voted against Hillary.  On a side note, I voted for neither of them in 2016, I wrote in Montgomery Brewster.

The country does not want Trump.  He's lost the popular vote twice, the Electoral in 2020.  He's a lying, pig'ish, dishonest, misogynistic, bigoted, hypocritical, narcissistic, egocentric, sexual deviant who has mother load of charisma.  And none of this is speculation....all you had to do was read his twitter.  His 4 years were an embarrassment to the country, and he will go down as the worst president in history.

He did not make America Great again.  He made us a laughing stock.  And yes Biden only got elected because people voted AGAINST Trump.  America does not want Trump.  Period.  And the Republican Party's refusal to separate themselves from Trump, for fear of political reprisal from him is a cowardly, ballless, disgrace.

I agree with your assessment of Trump's character and place in history. 

But I would not say "the country" does not want Trump. 

About 38% of it DOES want him; they believe that the election was stolen from him, and that his myriad abuses of power are "fake news"--either made up or, if undeniable, then "both sides do it," anyway.  They believe he was making American great again, and that is why the "globalists" had to stop him.

That 38% has become a "superminority," able to control legislation and the courts. They can win with the electoral college and control re-districting in enough swing states to keep outsize power. And they are aided by hesitant or "fake" independents who, even if they don't directly support Trump, can't see much threat to democracy there, or are indifferent to it.

However "bad" a candidate Hillary supposedly was, she was much more knowledgeable and competent than Trump. She did win the popular vote, but it is disturbing that the election was close enough for Trump to take the electoral college. 

I think a, or perhaps the, root cause of the current damaging division though arises from a division in our news media. Absorbing different--and differently vetted--streams of information and commentary, people now live in different "realities," with different good and bad actors, a different understanding of social cause/effect, and so they see different solutions to social/political problems and even disagree on which are really problems.  That's the main reason why enough people thought it was a toss up between competent and incompetent candidates in 2016 to let someone like Trump be elected. 

It is a mistake to think the candidates were the problem (not that you were saying that; just a point I am adding).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane? - Dill - 07-04-2021, 06:42 PM