Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(06-30-2021, 03:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The strategy of Trump and the current GOP is to simply convince people that democrats are completely invalid, unreasonable, and untenable as candidates and a political party.  Trump set it up that Biden was the weakest candidate ever, was demented, hiding in his basement, and had absolutely no shot to beat him in 2020. 

If you buy into Trump's rhetoric about Biden you expected a landslide of the 1972 or 1984 variety which is why Trump was able to convince these same people that the election simply HAD to be rigged.  If you accept that Biden can't win, then when he wins you will accept that the contest must have been rigged.

I think you make two valid points here.

In EVERY election, one side will strive to make the other's candidates appear less competent and trustworthy, and pushing the wrong policy solutions. 

What looked different in 2016 was that, from the get go,

1. one party characterized the other, and its candidate, as fundamentally CRIMINAL, operating outside the rule of law, self-aggrandizing,

2. while remaining impervious to evidence against their own candidate--much of it provided by the candidate himself. 

In terms of incriminating/disqualifying evidence, I saw something like this play out AFTER the '72 election. What is so crazy now is how the evidence came in before the elections--e.g., in 2016 Hillary's email, server, Trump's Access Hollywood tape and numerous accusations of sexual assault, not to mention bankruptcies, Trump University, etc. And the candidate who proclaimed the election was 'rigged' won. 

Something similar played out in 2020, with Trump's double impeachment and personal intervention in state elections, abuse of the Post Office and DOJ, etc. Dems were, from the get go, accusing the Republican candidate of operating outside the rule-of-law and of self-aggrandizing abuse of power, but unlike Nixon protected by his party. So "both sides" did it this time around, though only one seemed to supply the kind of evidence that courts could actually address.*

I think you are right, too, that so many Trump supporters expected a landslide, in part because of what they were hearing in their news media. 
MSM sources made it clear that mail in ballots would be counted later, and so Trump was expected to get early leads in some states which would evaporate later in the vote count. RWM showed Trump alerting followers to a "rigged" election.  MSM polls showing Biden's lead were "fake news"--just like when Hillary had leads almost to the end. The goal was not only to convince people that the Democrats were "invalid," but also that the polling was as well.

*That's why I'm not including "Biden crime family" corruption here.  Like the liberal media, I am ignoring the "millions" paid to Hunter Biden by Moscow and Beijing, which the FBI seems unable to track, and he was in any case never running for president.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane? - Dill - 07-04-2021, 07:32 PM