Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL
(07-07-2021, 01:17 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I did. The Pats deserve an asterisk next to each of their SBs. Not for Brady's balls or video taping other teams (I would have killed for Marvin to have been that inventive and driven to win), but for getting to beat up on the worst division in football over the last 20+ years and virtually being assured of home field advantage and a first round bye every season.

2000 Ravens didn't beat up on horrible teams. The Ravens offense was, in and of itself, awful. The Ravens scored 6 points or less 4 times that season. All losses while the defense gave up 19, 10, 7 (Score was 14, but the 2nd TN TD was off of a pick 6), & 9.

That's a really bad take on the Pats success in their dynasty years.  They were indeed dominant in a bad division, but they were also 134-44 vs non divisional opponents from 01-2019.  They weren't just feasting vs inferior teams, either.  They went 24-14 vs eventual division winners.  They almost always had to play the AFC's first place teams from the previous year.  

There's no way to look at their wins and who they were against and say that they were anything but dominant over most of that stretch.  They beat the Steelers, probably the next most consistent franchise in the conference something like 12 out of 16 times over that stretch (I particularly enjoyed that).  They were 9-4 vs the Ravens over the same period of time.  Denver probably fared best vs them winning 10 of 19.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL - samhain - 07-07-2021, 03:32 PM