Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1.14 Average
Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane?
(07-01-2021, 09:29 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think he was speaking both historically and in regards to modern views held with that comment.

(Social) Conservatives have been on the losing side of basically every cultural battle since this country was created.

They were on the losing side of slavery, the losing side of Jim Crow, the losing side of the civil rights acts, the losing side of redlining, the losing side of abortion, the losing side of women's suffrage, the losing side of gay marriage, the losing side of interracial marriage.

And, at the moment, they're fighting on the side that will almost certainly lose in regards to Transgender rights and Gerrymandering/voter suppression.

Time is always marching forward and conservatives take L after L but, somehow, in modern culture there's a group of people who still think that, maybe, just this one time, conservatives might be right.

It's silly.

Now, fiscal conservatives, like Rand Paul and the like, are different. They aren't necessarily fighting on the losing side of their battle. I generally agree with them that we spend way too much money federally. I just think they're approaching their battle incorrectly. They often want to cut a bunch of social programs and other aid to this country's citizens, but will strive to keep our bloated military budget intact. We'll see how all that works out.

Losing side doesn’t necessarily mean wrong side. I don’t think anti-abortion is wrong, and lots of social conservatives were against slavery. Hell a large chunk of black people are socially conservative. A lot if not most of people who championed women’s suffrage would have been anti-gay marriage so we’re they social conservatives? A lot if not most of anti-slavery people would have been anti-abortion. What were they?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are We Going To Keep Ignoring Biden Being Insane? - michaelsean - 07-07-2021, 09:06 PM