Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL
(07-08-2021, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just re-enforces the claim that Taylor is incompetent.  Marvin won 6 games with that no-talent roster while it has taken Taylor 2 years to win 6 games.

Marvin had to go.  I was furious when he was brought back after the '17 season.  But he was still a much better coach than Taylor has been.

Is it reasonable to expect a brand new HC with no experience at that job to replace a long term, tenured HC and win with his roster?

I don't think it is. Taylor lost 4 more game than Marvin as a rookie HC... with an old, tired roster (at key positions) and a lame duck QB. That's actually not as bad as it sounds when you reason through it.

The idea that any new coach was going to come in with the 2019 roster and do better than Marvin did (it was his roster he had groomed to play his way... for years) doesn't make much sense to me. Unreasonable expectation.

THIS season for Taylor, however, is the opposite, right? Taylor has his roster with his guys and 2 full years to figure it out along with a full offseason. 8-9 wins should be the MINIMUM for Taylor to keep his job. Regardless of schedule difficulty, injury, etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL - PDub80 - 07-08-2021, 02:41 PM