Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL
(07-09-2021, 01:13 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Bad take???

The dude has missed more games than he has played in and is going into his 3rd year now. There is no "lost season" excuse for a guy who still needs to learn technique and prove he is the answer at LT long term. People hammered A.J. Green for taking plays off last year in a "lost season" but Williams gets a pass??? No sir. Not at all. Guys drafted last season have more reps on the line now than Williams, and that is just unacceptable. 

Willie Anderson played on lost season after lost season and played hurt, cause that's what elite level guys on the line do. That's what leaders do, that's what you expect out of a guy that is supposed to be the anchor on a line and a guy you took in the first round.

Jonah needs to show he is the answer and you can't show that on the rehab field.

If he plays 16 games this season and is capable, I'll be as happy as anyone and glad the light went on, but right now, he is a less sturdy Tyler Eifert and on the express lane to being another draft bust.

You are comparing Jonah's injury history (which is a legitimate gripe) to Green, who was healthy all season and was rated as one of the worst starting WRs in the league after being a perennial Pro Bowler?  

I don't understand "injury hate".  Some guys seem to get away with it (Eifert, and dare I say, Burrow?) and others get destroyed for it (Ross, Williams).  It isn't a lack of talent or effort that got these guys injured.  Sure, there are precautions players can take to strengthen a supposed weakness in their bodies (I remember when TJ had hamstring problems early on and swore by hot yoga as how he said they became stronger) but overall it is chalked up to bad luck.  

Jonah is essentially in his contract year, as they will be deciding on his 5th year option after this season.  I think what he has shown thus far when he HAS played shows that he is an ascending talent.  He needs to have a full season of good health, but I think he will show he will earn that spot for a long time to come.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL - SHRacerX - 07-09-2021, 10:50 AM