Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL
(07-09-2021, 10:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are comparing Jonah's injury history (which is a legitimate gripe) to Green, who was healthy all season and was rated as one of the worst starting WRs in the league after being a perennial Pro Bowler?  

I don't understand "injury hate".  Some guys seem to get away with it (Eifert, and dare I say, Burrow?) and others get destroyed for it (Ross, Williams).  It isn't a lack of talent or effort that got these guys injured.  Sure, there are precautions players can take to strengthen a supposed weakness in their bodies (I remember when TJ had hamstring problems early on and swore by hot yoga as how he said they became stronger) but overall it is chalked up to bad luck.  

Jonah is essentially in his contract year, as they will be deciding on his 5th year option after this season.  I think what he has shown thus far when he HAS played shows that he is an ascending talent.  He needs to have a full season of good health, but I think he will show he will earn that spot for a long time to come.  

Green was coming off back to back seasons of injury and people were down on him for it after multiple seasons of not being hurt. Remember when Geno got hurt, came back looked terrible and then year two after injury looked great again?

vs

Jonah misses the entire rookie season with an injury from around the draft, and then misses a good portion of year two.

Nico said, why rush back in a lost season. And to that, my reply was there is no such thing as a lost season for a guy who has less reps in the NFL then guys drafted a year after him. 

Green got hammered for taking plays off and not trying in the "lost season" after being reliable for year after year. His first seven years, he missed 9 games. 9 games in seven years!!! Meanwhile the future stud LT that is going to be the answer to the line and why we didn't need a tackle in the draft shouldn't rush back in a "lost season" even though he doesn't have enough reps to know if he is even any good.

That is my issue with the statement. If you dog Green, your dogged Ross, came down on Eifert, then you better be flinging it at Williams too. The guy needs pro reps and certainly could have gotten some his rookie year but "the team shut him down". Which with the Cordy Glenn nightmare that season, you really think the team was like nope, we don't need him to get out there and get some experience? I don't believe that for a second, that literal looks like team speak to cover for a guy who wasn't ready to go out there. 

All in all, just keep this number in mind 22.

Williams has already missed 22 games in just two seasons as a professional offensive tackle. That’s not a great sign.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL - Murdock2420 - 07-09-2021, 11:46 AM