Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quinton Spain Believes He's the NFL's Most Underrated Player!
(07-08-2021, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I keep seeing all sorts of stats that seem to indicate Spain is a really good player.  Supposedly he hardly ever gave up a sack while playing for the Bills/Texans.

But they cut him last year and then despite there being a lot of film of his play with the Bengals he had to settle for a league minimum contract in free agency.

I generally trust the professional scouts of NFL teams a lot more than PFF and random stats.  So I don't have very high expectations for Spain this year.

I don't remember him grading out very well, but I know this:  The line here was significantly better after he arrived and especially when XSF came back to man the other guard spot.  Sure, level of competition factors in here and he came in fresh against guys that were beat up physically, but he did help to stabilize the line.  

This gets in to fanboy stuff, but he seemed to also have more energy and "swagger" than the turd storms we were rolling out there.  I like him.  Would I rather have Quinten Nelson or even Zeitler?  Yes.  But I will sure take him as a veteran that is at the very least, solid in the middle.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quinton Spain Believes He's the NFL's Most Underrated Player! - SHRacerX - 07-11-2021, 12:38 PM