Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime
(07-11-2021, 12:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Don't even get me started on this subject.  You wouldn't believe the change in tone in Los Angeles since our resident human garbage DA, Gascon, took office.  We just had a case in which a sixteen year old shot someone seven times in the abdomen and chest in a gang related shooting.  Was charged with attempted murder and the DA took a plea deal that only sent the kid to suitable placement.  A group home that they can leave at any time, seeing as how the law does not allow group home staff from preventing anyone fourteen or older from leaving.  Also, Gascon likes to charge people with attempted robbery even when they very successfully robbed the person.  We had one in which the subject robbed thirteen people at gun point over the span of a few hours.  They successfully deprived the victim of their property, again at gun point, and left the scene.  Why is Gascon only charging them with attempted robbery?  Because actual robbery is a strike offense and Gascon doesn't believe in strikes for crimes that aren't forcible rape, child molestation with violence murder or attempt murder.

Gascon also doesn't believe in sentencing enhancements and won't file them, except for hate crime enhancements because the woke mob here in LA screamed bloody murder and he tucked his tail between his legs on that issue.  This guy can't get out of office fast enough.

It's insanity.  I just don't understand how there isn't more attention paid to this.  It's feels like almost every damn story I read about some horrendous crime leaves me asking myself the same thing; why was this person out on the streets to begin with?

The other question I'm often left with (which has an obvious answer) is which communites and which people does this affect the most?  Well, the answer to that is of course impoverished communties and many of the minorities these people in power claim so much that they want to help.

As far as Gascon, I will say I was absolutely shocked when I first started hearing about all of the problems he was creating and then I learned he was a former cop.  I'm not so naive not to know that many of these people know exactly it is they're doing and the problems they're exposing their citizens to, but it hits different when a former cop is so willing to play the game.  This man knows better than most what is actually going to occur as a result of this approach.  Apparently he doesn't care (like at all) as long as he scores political points.

I also don't understand how we can have so much conversation about gun crimes, and focus on only the gun part and not the crime part.  For a crime to occur you need a criminal.  For agurments sake, let's all assume there's a lot that needs to happen with gun laws and reform.  Can we not walk and chew gum at the same time?  How about while you're working on that (the gun part), you address the crime part in the meantime?

I mean, what are we even doing here?  How does everyone not see this?

Hoefully this thread can get some comments from some of the more left leaning members.  I know it's a new thread so maybe they'll eventually chime in, but I'd be lying if I said that my initial reaction isn't that they want to ignore it like so many others.  I don't know how anyone can read some of these stories and not be enraged. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime - Wes Mantooth - 07-11-2021, 01:25 PM