Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime
(07-11-2021, 05:24 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I mean, I'm leftist and I'll chime in just to say someone did.

1.) All the leftists I know have talked about how the courts have been failing society for years.

2.) We didn't wait for a sudden uptick in crime to talk about how idiotic the system is.

1.) Can you expand on this?  What do you mean the courts have been failing society for years?  It seems you've written this in a way that's a bit ambigious. 

The theme of thread is that too far many criminals are either not locked up, or not they're locked up for long enough.  The takeaway is that certain judges/DA's/prosecutors are putting innocent civilians at risk by allowing this to occur.  Are you agreeing with this, or are you talking about other ways in which the courts have failed society? 

On one hand, it seems like you're saying this is something that every "leftist (your words not mine)"you know agrees with.  On the other hand, I find this almost impossible to believe, and I feel like you're speaking about something else entirely.

2.) Similar to the question above:  How is the system "idiotic"?  It is because the people like ones mentioned above are allowed to roam the streets, or is it something else?  Some clarification would be nice.

Also, are you insinuating that people on the right are only now bringing this up to explain an uptick, but the left has been doing it all along?  Surely that's not your argument, right?  This is definitely not a new stance from the right.

Fwiw, this isn't something I've noticed just recently, and I've explored only because of recent events.  It's something I've long known and believed; there are people out there on the streets that have no business being out there.  Innocent people suffer because of those in positions of power that fail to uphiold the law, or protect the people they're supposed to protect.

The only reason I found this worthy of a thread right now is because the rise in crime is a hot topic, and I thought this could spur some healthy conversation.  But if you would have asked my opinon 6 months ago, or 6 years ago, it would have been the same.  It's not like a lightbulb just went off.

I do appreciate the reply, and look forward to your response.  I will say, if turns out that you're in full agreement (these people should have been locked up) I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on incarceration rates.  I've heard many on the left complain that will lock too many people up.  Obviously if we're on the same page here, it would result in more people getting locked up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime - Wes Mantooth - 07-11-2021, 05:58 PM