Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer Rice and Bill Johnson
(07-11-2021, 06:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You know I live in Florida and have for quite a long time. You would think from the media coverage that we've been having more hurricanes than ever before. Yet, that is not true at all.

When I was a kid growing up in Springfield, I never heard anything about hurricanes actually happening. They were barely covered. Besides the only TV there was was a station out of Dayton, one out of Columbus and a local UHF PBS station. That was it.

Later when I was stationed in Biloxi Mississippi in 1979 the place got creamed by a hurricane. No one back home had even heard about it.

Point is, is that the media coverage back then was way, way less and not nearly as sensationalized as it is today.

Paul Brown picked this guy, so obviously he must be the best of the available guys. That's all you really had to hang your hat on. Few, if any, of the fans actually knew Walsh's contributions.

I.thought Walsh's contribution to those Bengals teams
Were well documented. Wasnt he  the QBs coach then eventually the OC?

I know the roots of the WC offense was laid with those Otto Graham teams but from what Ive heard the WC really
Took shape under Walsh's guidance when he
Was a Bengals coach. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Homer Rice and Bill Johnson - impactplaya - 07-11-2021, 01:53 PM
RE: Homer Rice and Bill Johnson - impactplaya - 07-11-2021, 07:06 PM
RE: Homer Rice and Bill Johnson - SladeX - 07-12-2021, 08:10 AM