Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL
(07-09-2021, 04:49 PM)BengalChris Wrote: It's a 53 man roster, plus numerous practice squad guys and I see you've managed to come up with 5 guys you feel have improved their play. That's less than 10% of the roster. Nothing against those guys either, they're all good young players who have managed to improve while the bulk of the roster has not, as witnessed by the teams decline in the win column.

How about counting the guys who played worse after Taylor and his pals arrived? There is the other side of the coin to consider and count. The declining team record shows this. Even Jon Ross, as bad as he was under Marvin, found ways to get even worse under Taylor, a coach many people thought would actually be a help to Ross.

How about the disfunction of the defensive scheme? How does this Lou character even have a job in the NFL?

How about the fixation on the 11 personnel formation on offense? Where's this offensive genius we were promised?

A decent coaching staff would have gotten more out of this roster. For that I am certain. I'd think that would be rather plain and obvious to even the most casual fan.

You claimed you can't see how this coaching can improve their play. I've given you examples of players who have improved their play. Carl Lawson also improved his play and earnt a big pay day out of it.

But how many have moved on and experienced success elsewhere?

Look at someone like Tyler Eifert for example. His PFF grade was down from 2018 (Lewis' last season) to 2019 (Taylor's first season), but then when he left the Bengals in 2020 it dropped again.

Darqueeze Dennard's PFF grade went up in 2019 but then down when he moved on in 2020.

Dre Kirkpatrick's PFF grade went up in 2019 but then down when he moved on in 2020.

Dunlap is the only one I can think of who has moved elsewhere and seems to be prospering but even that's in a reduced role.

If it is down to coaching where are the players who are leaving the Bengals and going onto bigger success? Dalton's only a back-up, Ross is a training camp flier who can be easily cut, Geno is unsigned, AJ Green got a contract he would have flat out rejected had the Bengals offered it a year ago. I've named 3 first round picks who went elsewhere and their PFF grades dipped. Where's the evidence it is the coaching and not the players?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 07-12-2021, 10:01 AM