Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime
I would agree with those pointing out that such miscarriages of justice have definitely occurred in the past. As long as we rely on human subjective judgement there will always be such mistakes. The issue at hand is that there are DA's in several cities who flat out refuse to enforce the law as written. This is a clear, and intentional, abuse of the discretion the DA has in filing charges. If you don't like the law fight to change it. When the person who is supposed to enforce the law treats it as optional, or like a buffet in which they pick and choose what to enforce, you denigrate the rule of law in general. These people aren't making mistakes or errors in judgment, they are deliberately enforcing an ideology. I can tell you first hand (and someone here once told me anecdotal evidence is fine) that the criminals feel emboldened and expect to face little to no consequences for their conduct. The sad part is they're more right than wrong in that regard.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prosecutors and Judges Need to Be Talked About More In Relation to Rising Crime - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-12-2021, 11:11 AM