Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continued Trump Administration Fallout
(07-12-2021, 02:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I certainly got more libertarian.  Even in the last ten years.  Maybe especially in the last ten years.  Do what you want, and leave me to do what I want.  Which isn't much by the way. LOL  I'm just not interested in controlling people and trying to make them live  a certain way or do things a certain way.

I actually used to be very libertarian in my positions. I mean, hardcore libertarian. However, I started reading more political theory, got more involved in public administration and policy, and I started to understand the role of government in a modern democracy a little more. But, I also have the firm position that policy should always be rooted in evidence. There are tons of bad policies out there, and they are almost always in place because policymakers have enacted a policy that was not rooted in evidence.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continued Trump Administration Fallout - Belsnickel - 07-12-2021, 03:02 PM