Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps?
Pretty simple question, do you want to see Joe Burrow play in the preseason?  It could be for only for a series or two, only for a single game, or multiple games.  Or would you prefer he doesn't play at all?

I suppose, since I'm asking, i should answer my own question.  I'm hoping they don't play him.  Even if he's healthy enough, I'd prefer he doesn't see any in-game action until the start of the season.

Fwiw, I think preseason can be great for certain things; I think letting guys battle for a roster spot or for a starting position are good examples.  I also think they can be very good for letting rookies get a taste of the NFL and get adjusted to what it's like.  But I don't think  Burrow will benefit from it.  In fact, if I had my way, most guys wouldn't play in the preseason.

I think as far as him getting him confident playing again, that can be accomplished in practice and scrimmages.  They can simulate a lot of things in a contolled environment.  I just think with his recovery timeline lining up so closely to preseason and the start of the regular season, it's better to err on the side of caution.

What says you?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps? - Wes Mantooth - 07-12-2021, 04:11 PM