Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could lack of chemistry be an issue for the defense ?
(07-05-2021, 11:36 AM)Deacon Wrote: That's what minicamps, camp, and preseason are for. I get the concern, but IMO, that's what they're getting paid for. We need to stop giving this team excuses, and especially this coaching staff. Every team in the NFL brings in new personnel in the offseason. Rosters change.

If they fail to gel as a defensive unit, that's on the coaches. Getting better halfway through the year when they're already 5-6 games in the hole will be entirely unacceptable. 

If you truly believe you can gel in minicamps, camp, and preseason then you don't know football teams mentality.  Until that team is on the field the CB who's never played with a safety before may know a dude off the field but until that Safety is in the right spot multiple times the CB isnt going to trust him.   

It takes time for a team to gel.  Like I truly believe you arent gonna throw 5 OL that have never played together before and they gel in minicamp, camps and the pre-season.

How often does the whole team play together in the preseason?  Now that there's 3 games there's less time for them to gel in the preseason.  

Just my opinion but you see teams change players and they're better players but the teams worse because they didnt gel. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread