Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suspect arrested in CHAZ/CHOP murder
(07-13-2021, 03:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is one of the biggest issues I have with the current "criminals are victims" mentality.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for interventions that avoid incarceration when it is appropriate.  However, these targeted interventions really need to be aimed at at risk youth in the 6-11 age range.  I know that seems young, but trust me, it is rather obvious which children need these types of targeted interventions.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't try with people older than that, but at some point, especially when you're talking about violent crime or crime involving a firearm (such as illegally carrying), we need to protect the community over providing diversion services.

Beyond ridiculous.  Politicians here talk about "common sense gun safety", while at the same time letting criminals who actually use firearms in the commission of a crime of with minimal, often inappropriate, criminal charges with minimal consequences.  The intellectual disconnect and dishonesty is beyond the pale.

The only time a criminal is a victim is when they're born into a hopeless situation. I know that it's still relatively popular to think everyone can pull themselves up by the bootstraps and make something of themselves, but that's not as true as it once (if ever) was. Now I don't mean these kids born to ghettos and gang neighborhoods - I grew up in a gang neighborhood just across the street from the ghetto, and I turned out fine. I mean these poor bastards who are dumped by their parents and spend their childhoods in and out of an overburdened foster system that doesn't do anyone any favors, or the victims of sexual abuse that they can't escape. They grow up broken and they are victims. But those are the exceptions, and relatively rare ones at that.

California is political theater at it's worst when it comes to guns. They know they're lying through their teeth, but the idiot masses eat that shit up. Just like they eat up the big scary AR myths despite all actual evidence to the contrary. Some of my family buys into the nonsense and I just have to shake my head at them - they've never so much as held a firearm but they think they're the know all end all of gun safety because of the damn talking heads about it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suspect arrested in CHAZ/CHOP murder - BigPapaKain - 07-13-2021, 05:23 PM