Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They're Making A Movie About The Washington Incident With My School
(07-13-2021, 07:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Make your own movie about it.

I don't think he's complaining about the guy who made the movie, or the movie itself; he's complaining about that hack of a writer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like millions of others, Schroder was angry and embarrassed by the notorious clip of Sandmann arrogantly smiling in a drum-beating Phillips’ face, and his reaction was compounded by his connection to Covington, an all-male institution for Northern Kentucky’s wealthy (and predominantly white) elite.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who is even remotely familiar with the parochial schools around Cincinnati (yes, I realize this is in NKy, but it's still the same) knows describing Cov Cath as an institution for the "wealthy elite" is dowright absurd. 

Many of the truely wealthy elite send their kids off to boarding school.  And for ones around who here who don't, they're most likely sending their kids to schools like Summit Country Day, Cincinnati Country Day or Seven Hills.  Parochial schools are filled with kids that aren't even upper-middle class, much less the "wealthy elite."  There's quite a few that can be described as lower-middle class as well.

What he's actually describing is catholic kids, largely from the suburbs, not at all that much different than any number of schools around the city (Mason, Anderson, Turpin, Loveland, Maderia, Milford, Mariemont, Sycamore, Wyoming, etc.)

Also, the "arrogantly smiling" comment is a just a bit much.  When that situation is given full context, I don't think you can claim he was doing anything for certain.  He was just standing there, and he could have been nervous just as much as he was being arrogant.  It's just as likely he was a 17 year old kid ,who just endured having insults thrown at him from Black Isrealites, and now has a man beating a drum in his face, who was standing there not knowing what the hell to do.

As far as the rest of the article, you can be the judge.  I honestly cannot believe some of the language used in this article, and I can't believe he didn't mention more the other characters that played a part of that day (save a couple of sentences, where no judgement is passed), or their behavior that played into this viral moment. 

I suppose some people will never give an inch on this event, regardless of what came out.  I just wish they were honest; they saw a bunch of white kids, some of who were wearing MAGA hats, and that told them everything they need to know.  Nothing else is important or will change their minds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread