Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps?
(07-13-2021, 09:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He knows he can't get hit in practice.  He needs real game reps.

Dalton has nothing to do with this.  I have said MULTIPLE times that Burrow has more upside than Dalton and should be a better QB.

The fact that you fall over backwards to make excuses for Burrow, yet shat on Dalton when he had better seasons than Joe did last year is a joke.  

This time last year you were not concerned about the O-line because Burrow was not a "statue in the pocket like Andy Dalton".  Also WRs were not as important because Burrow could "throw them open", but now the fact that he only had two 900 yard receivers is an excuse for finishing in the bottom third of the league in passer rating.  Finally you are talking about how "good" Burrow looked against the Colts when you would shit on Dalton for posting a 78 passer rating in a loss.

I like Burrow very much as our QB of the future.  He was the #1 overall pick for a reason.  He has the potential to be much better than Dalton was.  But I don't to play "make believe" about how good he was last year because I am not embarrassed about predicting that he would play so much better than Dalton did.

The reason Burrow needs snaps in preseason is that he is still developing as a QB and needs all the chances he can to improve before the season starts.  Pointing to how good he was last year without preseason play is silly when he finished ranked 24th in the league.

You're comparing performances of a veteran QB who, for the majority of his career, had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and a veteran HC to Joe Burrow who, as a rookie, didn't even get an offseason program and had one of the worst rosters in the NFL.

You struggle with context and critical thought, Fred. It's your achilles heel in any discussion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps? - PDub80 - 07-15-2021, 12:36 AM