Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps?
(07-15-2021, 08:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: when the hell did dalton have one of the most talented rosters in the nfl 2015? definately wasnt more than 1 season based on what i saw on the field. so definately wasnt the majority of his career.

^ All excellent rosters. 13, 14, 15 had great players entering their prime years on both offense & defense. (3rd, 4th, 5th year guys who ended up being absolute monsters.... And an established coaching staff by then. Both Coordinators, Jackson, Zimmer, & Gruden, went on to be HCs. Jackson for a 2nd time. And, say what you will about Jackson and Gruden going to dysfunctional organizations, they are both respected coordonators in the NFL.

So, Dalton had both outstanding rosters AND excellent coaches behind him. Burrow has a 2nd year staff, a roster in complete rebuild mode, and COVID... and people want to try and compare and say they were similar performing? One guy (AD) ended up being on a luxury cruise liner with an experienced captain and staff while the other (Burrow) was given a kayak and half a map.

- I am a fair person. The 2016 roster was gross. Especially when it came to skill position players... look at WR in 2016. When you factor in the injuries it was particularly brutal. However, at that stage in his career... season 6... I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for the franchise QB to "float boats" (so to speak) by raising people up to their best through his play. In 2016 the O line was certainly better the Burrow had last year. No question. Burrow had better weapons as a rookie for sure... although AJ Green being out there playing as a main target actually somehow HURT the Bengals, IMO.

How long do you think NFL windows stay open? This article on that topic  is fascinating https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2020/8/26/21402162/nfl-title-windows-chiefs-ravens-buccaneers

The Bengals window looked to be about 4 seasons with an amazing roster and so-so QB. The article draws and connects dots showing that great QB play typically showed a much larger window for winning a super bowl. The Bengals 4 year window kind of lets us see where AD was in terms of QB play vs the roster around him. As the roster talent dwindled after the 2015 season, the Bengals collectively fell out of the window as it slammed shut.

Thus, I rest my my case that AD had excellent rosters coupled with excellent coaching... and then when those things went away, so did the Bengals opportunity to win. AD wasnt very good AS A VETERAN, which was the point I was making to Fred's... which lacked context.

Joey B had a rebuilding roster... ravaged by injuries.... and a 2nd year coach trying to learn on the job... along w no offseason and COVID crap to deal with.

^ To compare the two in any negative or even equal way slanted towards Joey B is asinine.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps? - PDub80 - 07-15-2021, 11:04 AM