Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps?
(07-16-2021, 08:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The only "context" we have right now is comparing the rookie seasons of both players.

Burrow may very well have a better career than Dalton, but right now his future is just conjecture.

CONTEXT

Definition
  1. the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed

Phrase: IN A VACUUM

Definition
  1. (of an activity or a problem to be considered) isolated from the context normal to it and in which it can best be understood or assessed.

^ Due to your lack of understanding these two things and how to apply them to analyzing football, don't quit your day job as a "lawyer" any time soon.

In all seriousness, there are circumstances vastly differentiating what Dalton went through and what Burrow went through as a rookie. In relation to this conversation between you and I, it has morphed into a rookie year debate... only (and I will bold this, because it's important to understand how we got here) NEITHER WHAT YOU ORIGINALLY REPLIED TO ME WITH NOR WHAT I REPLIED TO YOU WITH WAS ABOUT DALTON'S ROOKIE YEAR. YOU GAVE A STAT ABOUT THE COLTS FROM A SEASON AFTER DALTON'S ROOKIE YEAR (TRYING TO COMPARE IT TO BURROW) IN RESPONSE TO ME AND I RESPONDED TO THAT DISCUSSING VETERAN QB EXPECTATIONS VS ROOKIE.... IT REFUTED YOUR ORIGINAL POINT, WHICH MADE NO SENSE... SO YOU MOVED THE GOALINE OFF TO THIS NONSENSICAL DISCUSSION INSTEAD IN SOME SORT OF ATTEMPT TO FIND YOURSELF SOME SLIVER OF "RIGHT".

^ Which STILLL doesn't hold water due to the two definitions I provided you above - the 3rd time I have mentioned CONTEXT & VACUUM analysis. To review anything like this and not look at circumstances around the entire season, game by game, a simpleton's approach.... WHICH IS EXACTLY HOW YOU ROLL... Given the fact that you (typical Fred) LAZILY looked at AJ Green's SEASONAL stats and applied them to Burrow when Burrow only played 10 of those games and Green played 16. Again... you lack CONTEXT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps? - PDub80 - 07-16-2021, 10:00 AM