Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps?
(07-15-2021, 07:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm coming into this late, I honestly didn't read everything written prior to this.  

(07-16-2021, 08:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what you have missed.

I claimed that Burrow was not very efficient last yea.  Pdub got all defensive and claimed I was just bashing Burrow because I loved Andy Dalton.  He then tried to defend Burrow's poor numbers with every excuse he claimed did not matter when Dalton was here.

I think Burrow has more potential than Dalton and should be a better QB, I just never fell for all the stupid stuff like "Burrow doesn't need an O-line because he is not a statue like Dalton" or "Burrow does not need great WRs because he can 'throw them open' " or "Burrow will fix all our problems by holding players accountable" or "Burrow will lead us to victory with his swagger".

This isn't entirely accurate. We were discussing Burrow's preseason snaps and if they were needed and I said Burrow played well... Fred disputed that with a passer rating stat... which I disputed was an incredibly simplistic view (painfully so, actually) and explained why.

THAT is how we got here. The rest is Fred just saying things or trying to change the conversation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would You Like to See Joe Burrow See Preseason Snaps? - PDub80 - 07-16-2021, 10:11 AM