Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-07-2015, 12:00 AM)djs7685 Wrote: No, freedom of speech is fine, but when you're on a message board that doesn't tolerate bigotry, don't use words deemed as offensive slurs.

I don't understand why it means so much to some of you to be able to use blatant hate speech on the boards. There are plenty of places on the internet that allow it, go there and have a blast. Any message board is allowed to have their own set of rules. It doesn't violate freedom of speech to abide by their rules. No one is forcing you or any of your alts to post here.

The mantra of a conservative: use zero logic when arguing, only use things like "this is my opinion because I said so" and pretend that hateful slurs only exist because people are "sensitive".

I have zero reason to even WANT to use words that black people, trans, homosexuals, or any other group have deemed offensive to them. Why? Because I'm not a complete a-hole. I'm a fan of having freedom of speech, but I'm at least bright enough to realize that some words are hateful to entire groups of people, so I really have no reason to use such terms. Honestly. why does it mean so much that you should be allowed to use slurs on this board? Such odd thought processes.

I do my best to avoid slurs/hate speech, and provide valid reasons/links why I feel the way I do about certain topics,  yet I routinely get called Homophobe, bigot etc just cause I'm not agreeing with certain view points? In fact, it happens enough, that I just outright ignore and/or don't respond to people that only attack. 
Which I do find amusing that one of them is upset with Lucie's use of a particular word that offends them, and yet the tell us to grow thicker skin...... funny how that works.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - Mike M (the other one) - 11-07-2015, 02:20 AM