Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
(07-25-2021, 11:19 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Are there any updates on Reiter?  I'm assuming his visit here has come and gone.  Do we think he's still going to be signed, or do we think the team decided to pass?

If they are going to sign him I would hope they get it done very soon, like within the next 24-48 hours.  Camp opens up on Tuesday.  

I'm already not exactly thrilled they've waited this long to bring in a Center.  It sure sounds like Hopkins isn't at all a guarantee to be ready.  I would have hoped they could have planned this out and had someone in for OTA's and minicamps but obviously it's too late for that now.  So, if they're really in the market then I would think now would be the time you have to get it done.

What do you guys think?  Is this going to happen?

I don’t think it’ll happen. I’m sure he is weighing the stark difference between KC and cinci and is it worth it coming here… only if the pay is nice. If he has held out this long, I doubt cinci money will be enough.

I agree with you, feels like the coaches held onto some false hope Hopkins would make a miraculous recovery instead of addressing the problem early. I wanted them to make a play for Linsley but that ship sailed long ago. Like you said, they could have planned this better from what I can tell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Center Austin Reiter in for visit - jj22 - 07-23-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Center Austin Reiter in for visit - GreenCornBengal - 07-25-2021, 11:46 AM
New Center? - Chezaugie - 07-25-2021, 07:58 PM