Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
(07-25-2021, 06:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I have to agree with his wife's statement, that does seem personal.  Even if that truly was the most they were willing to offer him, there's a million different ways to word that.  There's absolutely no reason to describe him as aging, to reiterate "it will not increase" after just saying the offer stands.  And to conclude it with an "I guess" at the end reads like complete indifference.

I really do not like this man (Troy).  Every time he opens his mouth, or I read a quote like this he strikes me a smug, pretentious piece of shit.  And to make matters even worse, he has absolutely zero reason to be.  He married into this game, and he has nothing on his resume to support speaking to people this way. 

This is a player who gave a decade to this franchise and always did it the right way.  The least you could do if you're not prepared to offer him a competitive deal is to be a little more professional about parting.  There's absolutely no reason to sound this callous or standoffish.  It takes little to no effort to reply in a way that doesn't read so shitty, while still delivering the overall point.

This is the first I've read this (not sure how I missed it).  This really pisses me off.

I've never seen this before.  Idk what went on between him and the Blackburns, but it's very un-Bengal like for them to let a guy like him walk, even at an advanced stage in his career.  Maybe they were just dug in on the 2015 draft picks and ready to move on from a money standpoint.  It doesn't seem like they would have had to do much to sweeten the deal and get him to come back.  Sound like they just wanted to boot him out the door, which is pretty unimaginable to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Center Austin Reiter in for visit - jj22 - 07-23-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Center Austin Reiter in for visit - samhain - 07-25-2021, 09:27 PM
New Center? - Chezaugie - 07-25-2021, 07:58 PM