Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
(07-27-2021, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not a chance Boyd + Higgins + Whoever would have been a top 10 unit in 2021.

We also have no idea how good Sewell is going to be right out of the gate.  The idea that a 20 year from the Pac 12, who has a year of rust is a guarantee to immediately fix anything is purely speculative and probably wishful thinking.  I would not at all be surprised if Reiff has a better year than Sewell in 2021.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that it's likely to happen.

I agree, outside of Boyd and Higgins, our depth at WR was lacking big time and we had no true #1 WR. Chase is a stud true #1 WR. I wanted Sewell also, but I am smart enough to know OL normally takes a couple of years to be great so the chances of Sewell fixing the OL in 2021 by himself were slim and none.

In the end, it is done and we took Chase and not Sewell so crying and whining won't change anything. It will be what it will be.

Let's hope the other additions on the OL in free agency and draft + maybe some better coaching to help some young vets to improve was the answer. If not, we can cry and moan the entire off season. For now, we are 0-0 and a new year, so let's try to be a little optimistic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Center Austin Reiter in for visit - jj22 - 07-23-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Center Austin Reiter in for visit - Luvnit2 - 07-28-2021, 01:07 PM
New Center? - Chezaugie - 07-25-2021, 07:58 PM