Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives
(07-28-2021, 04:16 PM)Dill Wrote: Though the choice would have been indefensible, I wonder if keeping Jordan might worked in the Dems favor.

One the one hand you have the video and police officers describing the violence and clear pro-Trump ranting, 

and other other Jordan would be doing what?--asserting the rioters were "allowed" into the Capitol and most were walking peacefully through the halls after they'd broken through doors and windows? 

If he was shrilling claiming all this was theater to discredit Trump and his supporters, mightn't that have contrasted with the rest of the speakers and illustrated the fanaticism of the moment and the continued Trump response?  

I tend to have similar responses to things like that. I get your logic. I don't think your logic matters, or that pinning Jordan in any kind of corner or contradiction would matter. It didn't matter until now, I don't think any event in any hearings will change that.

If Jordan is on this committee, he would give his incoherent rants and ramblings, peppered with accusations of Godknowswhat, Fox et al. would only repeat those as the essence of the matter and whoever wants to believe in the truth of these ramblings in advance will do so, no matter how illogical these words might be.

Everyone who cares has made up his mind according to his initial belief or allegiance already anyway. It's only about talking points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives - hollodero - 07-28-2021, 07:22 PM