Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
(07-27-2021, 01:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Reiter's knee is still an issue.

He's visiting the Texans. Should be interesting to see if he signs there. If not, maybe the knee really is the issue. If he signs, I'd throw that excuse out though.

(07-27-2021, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not a chance Boyd + Higgins + Whoever would have been a top 10 unit in 2021.

We also have no idea how good Sewell is going to be right out of the gate.  The idea that a 20 year from the Pac 12, who has a year of rust is a guarantee to immediately fix anything is purely speculative and probably wishful thinking.  I would not at all be surprised if Reiff has a better year than Sewell in 2021.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that it's likely to happen.

Not a top 10 unit, but passable, and even a plus group. Especially if we'd drafted Terrance Marshall in round 2. The WR that actually played last year. (The one we got should have the same hypothetical rust as Sewell)

Imo, we should've drafted Sewell and gone after Reiter and probably another player. Throw in Carman, and we could've been a strong unit this year. As it stands, I'm fully expecting to be rubbing some noses in poor line play this year.

Keeping it a full 100, people wanted Chase, and minimized the need on o-line to justify it. I'm fine w/ people having their own opinions and wanting to pair Chase with Burrow. I get it. What I don't get is downplaying the glaring need on the line that was barely addressed yet again. People need to be honest. Carman and a 1 year rental of a pretty average Tackle wasnt enough.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Center Austin Reiter in for visit - jj22 - 07-23-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Center Austin Reiter in for visit - Shake n Blake - 07-28-2021, 07:51 PM
New Center? - Chezaugie - 07-25-2021, 07:58 PM