Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
(07-28-2021, 07:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not a top 10 unit, but passable, and even a plus group. Especially if we'd drafted Terrance Marshall in round 2. The WR that actually played last year. (The one we got should have the same hypothetical rust as Sewell)

Imo, we should've drafted Sewell and gone after Reiter and probably another player. Throw in Carman, and we could've been a strong unit this year. As it stands, I'm fully expecting to be rubbing some noses in poor line play this year.

Keeping it a full 100, people wanted Chase, and minimized the need on o-line to justify it. I'm fine w/ people having their own opinions and wanting to pair Chase with Burrow. I get it. What I don't get is downplaying the glaring need on the line that was barely addressed yet again. People need to be honest. Carman and a 1 year rental of a pretty average Tackle wasnt enough.

Don't get my wrong, I think the Bengals needed to do more to fix their OL.   There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have signed a legitimate starting guard in FA; there were plenty of options out there.  And the same questions I had about Sewell stepping in immediately are even amplified more so with someone like Carman.

Fwiw, I was Team Pitts pretty much the entire offseason.  Obviously we didn't have a chance to take him, but I valued him as more of a sure thing than Sewell.  As far as Sewell vs. Chase, I probably would have went with Sewell and either inked a WR in FA or a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. 

All that said, I really do think people on here overvalue Sewell.  I get wanting to address the OL; I just don't agree he's a can't miss sure thing, who immediately is going to a legitmate starter.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Center Austin Reiter in for visit - jj22 - 07-23-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Center Austin Reiter in for visit - Wes Mantooth - 07-28-2021, 08:28 PM
New Center? - Chezaugie - 07-25-2021, 07:58 PM