Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
(07-28-2021, 08:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Don't get my wrong, I think the Bengals needed to do more to fix their OL.   There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have signed a legitimate starting guard in FA; there were plenty of options out there.  And the same questions I had about Sewell stepping in immediately are even amplified more so with someone like Carman.

Fwiw, I was Team Pitts pretty much the entire offseason.  Obviously we didn't have a chance to take him, but I valued him as more of a sure thing than Sewell.  As far as Sewell vs. Chase, I probably would have went with Sewell and either inked a WR in FA or a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. 

All that said, I really do think people on here overvalue Sewell.  I get wanting to address the OL; I just don't agree he's a can't miss sure thing, who immediately is going to a legitmate starter.

Fair enough. I respect your opinion, but I think some underestimate how good a prospect Sewell is. A lot of great players have come from the Pac 12. Who did Justin Herbert play against? I think it's a lame reason to dismiss a talent.

(07-28-2021, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt..If the Texans sign him, that means we can call it a solid signing. Never mind folks are doing whatever they can to get the hell out out of Texas,but...

One thing I've never understood is why folk diminish the Reiff signing because it's only a "one year rental". Would it have addressed a bigger need if we signed him to multiple years?

So in your draft we should have gotten Sewell, Marshall,(both who have missed time in mini-camp), and Jackson? Where did we get the extra 2nd?

Expect to "rub noses" in poor line play all you want; although I don't know why..

No one said the Texans are a model franchise. What I was saying is I'm sure their medical staff is at least as competent as ours, no? In your rush to disagree with me, I guess you missed what I was saying.

It didn't have to be Carman. Tbh, I thought he was a pretty mediocre prospect for where we took him. As far as Reiff, he was a solid signing for this year. We still have other holes though, and if he leaves next year, it's possible the entire line is a need next year. There is a lot of potential for such a scenario.

This really isn't all that complicated or hard to figure out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Center Austin Reiter in for visit - jj22 - 07-23-2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Center Austin Reiter in for visit - Shake n Blake - 07-29-2021, 01:17 AM
New Center? - Chezaugie - 07-25-2021, 07:58 PM