Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives
(07-28-2021, 05:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's nice to see Democrats caring about law enforcement for a change.  And of course this was motivated by white supremacy, white supremacy is responsible for everything bad that happens in this country and all white people should feel responsible for it.  As far as an insurrection, that's a huge stretch.  After all, no one in the crowd had an F-15 or a nuclear weapon.

I hope anyone who actively encouraged this incident is held responsible.  And by actively encouraging them I don't mean repeating the "big lie", I mean telling people to storm the capitol or assisting them in doing so.  But let's also be real about this, Pelosi is using these hearings as much for political theatre as she is about getting to the truth, hence her appointment of Cheney.  Of course, it also helps promote Biden's newly stated agenda that he has to enact much more gun control because domestic extremists (i.e. white supremacists only, not Antifa or any left leaning group of course) can use them to commit acts of terror.

It's hard to imagine any kind of insurrection accountability hearing by anyone which would or could not be construed as "political theater." Though at the moment there is no reason to suppose that theater is "really" the driver of an investigation into a mob's breach of the Capitol building during electoral certification, that that's all this is, and that Dems more than Republicans want theater. 

If "theater" were REALLY the point, why pick Cheney over Jordan or Gaetz? Which appointment more likely serves "getting to the truth"? 

And it's hard to imagine a scenario in which "getting to the truth" of a Trump-inspired insurrection would not promote any Biden agenda, newly stated or otherwise.  Of course Dems will be more "unfair" to white supremacists than anti-fascists.  Thank god. But until Biden calls together a bunch of Biden-flag waving ANTIFA on a specific date and gins them up to attack gov. property, there is little point in equivalence.  "Both sides" don't do it.

If a bunch of Trump-flag waving terrorists are incited by the Republican party leader to storm the Capitol building then, yes, in a two-party system such as ours, getting at the "truth" will serve Dem purposes. That's why it is unwise to hand them such gifts, forcing the party of law and order to stand against law and order.

Republicans and other right-winger supporters should be thinking about this as another example of their leader's terrible judgment, backing them into yet another corner, rather than just Dem political theater that somehow came out of nowhere. 

But they cannot without setting a precedent which could unravel the whole alternative narrative comprising the Russia investigations, the impeachments, and the Big Lie. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives - Dill - 07-29-2021, 12:08 PM