Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives
(07-28-2021, 07:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: I tend to have similar responses to things like that. I get your logic. I don't think your logic matters, or that pinning Jordan in any kind of corner or contradiction would matter. It didn't matter until now, I don't think any event in any hearings will change that.

If Jordan is on this committee, he would give his incoherent rants and ramblings, peppered with accusations of Godknowswhat, Fox et al. would only repeat those as the essence of the matter and whoever wants to believe in the truth of these ramblings in advance will do so, no matter how illogical these words might be.

Everyone who cares has made up his mind according to his initial belief or allegiance already anyway. It's only about talking points.

I agree with this up to the last statement.

I'd say that storming the Capitol put in play a significant fraction of voters who were right or leaning right among "independents" and some even in the Trump camp. Hence the desperation to fix the narrative that this is just another witch hunt to get Trump and smear all Trump voters/sympathizers. More Dem theater.

PS I wasn't suggesting Jordan be "pinned" in some kind of logical contradiction. Rather the shrill tone and ham-fisted gas lighting would daily tend to define the Trump defense across the different media spheres--in contrast with very strong visual evidence and the words of the Republican leadership immediately after the breach. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives - Dill - 07-29-2021, 12:27 PM