Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives
(07-29-2021, 12:27 PM)Dill Wrote: I agree with this up to the last statement.

I'd say that storming the Capitol put in play a significant fraction of voters who were right or leaning right among "independents" and some even in the Trump camp. Hence the desperation to fix the narrative that this is just another witch hunt to get Trump and smear all Trump voters/sympathizers. More Dem theater.

I doubt the term "significant", but overall that seems a fair point to me. It is very well possible that some more conservative leaning folks changed their view in the light of a dangerous, albeit also clumsy and stupid insurrection attempt. Liz Cheney apparently did, for one.
What I however severely doubt is that the upcoming hearings will change any minds at this point in time.

(07-29-2021, 12:27 PM)Dill Wrote: PS I wasn't suggesting Jordan be "pinned" in some kind of logical contradiction. Rather the shrill tone and ham-fisted gas lighting would daily tend to define the Trump defense across the different media spheres--in contrast with very strong visual evidence and the words of the Republican leadership immediately after the breach. 

Yeah well, possibly putting the immediate reactions aside that was also true during two impeachments and in many other instances. It always was facts against shrillness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives - hollodero - 07-29-2021, 01:10 PM