Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-07-2015, 12:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I just don't get why certain people want to use those words so badly that they'll sit here and complain when anyone asks them to stop.

What does anyone get out of saying these things outside of looking like a loser bigot? Honestly. I don't get it.

No one will answer this and I've asked it a few times now. What's the big deal? If there was a term that became extremely offensive and considered a slur by a bunch of old, disgruntled white guys, I'd stop using it too. Why? Because I'd rather not insult entire groups of people with hate speech and it's not a huge deal to me to stop using any word in the language.

What benefit do I get out of calling a black guy the n word? Absolutely nothing. So why even want to use it? It just doesn't make sense to me. It seems like some people on here really want to use this kind of language so badly, why else fight it so much??? It's a message board with a code of conduct, no one is losing their rights by being barred from using hate speech.

I know you specifically don't use the terms we're talking about here, but this is just a general response to what you're talking about.
FWIW... I had a nice post typed out, but my phone decided that I hit a link  (which I did not), erasing the whole thing. 
Needless to say,  the phone took a trip across the room to the opposing wall.

In short,  I agee and I'm not pitching for usage here.
I just had a problem with only certain people being allowed to use a specific word. Rock On

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - Rotobeast - 11-07-2015, 02:54 PM