Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives
(08-03-2021, 11:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Long story short they didn't plan on paying overtime that was incurred after a bunch of whiney people did some damage to property and officers...and tried to close enough to hang the VP.  Mellow  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/charlestiefer/2021/07/09/how-congressional-republicans-maneuver-against-funding-the-capitol-police-for-january-6/?sh=f0b2ee04857e

So now the GOP is blocking paying them...but *might* if they drop other items.

The GOP is actively not paying for work done.  Not funding the police.  It's a supplemental bill and they won't vote for it.

Literally not funding.

The GOP in the house are literally playing with the funding of the capitol police.

But because "the left" said some bad stuff and hurt people's feelings it will get fluffed off some as "garbage".

Heck, I get lumped in with the "defund the police" narrative for some reason when I'm defending them getting funded.

The issue on the board will always be one person have a personal and emotional response to me not matter what the facts are and coming back with the same boring tropes and "insults" but not caring about the facts.

But it's no skin off my nose.  I'm over it.  Smirk

Why are you still arguing this? It’s done. It’s funded.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Capitol Hearings: Competing Narratives - michaelsean - 08-03-2021, 06:35 PM