Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt
(08-04-2021, 12:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, we've got to turn things around quickly or it's only a matter of time before the talking heads and the naysayers start pointing out (fair or not) that the Bengals could have traded down with Miami and gotten 3 first round picks and Justin Herbert.  Gotta git dem weapons, and all that.  Then again, I thought we'd pass on Palmer and trade down and "be fine" with Rex Grossman and more draft picks, so who knows.

Again, it's only training camp but hearing that Burrow isn't playing fearless football post-injury, our o-line can't hold up to a Lou Anarumo defense, and a ZT offense looks to be underachieving yet again all falls under "stuff we don't want to see at any given time of the year no matter how unimportant that time of the year is."  

I didn't watch the video yet, but if Burrow looks hesitant that's a bit concerning. 

Drafting Burrow was the right thing

Drafting a wr when we have o-line talent concerns, o-line depth concerns, and a LT who is injury prone, is what I still ultimately have a major problem with. Doesn’t make sense. First round OT was the smart and safe pick. Provides depth, flexibility, and helps the entire offense, especially Joe Burrow.

Chase only slightly makes sense if you actually believe that Boyd higgins and mixon aren’t good enough.

Or if one thinks having a semi-decent o-line is overrated, and it’s all about weapons.

To which I say, you are wrong. It’s not even a matter of opinion.

I pray to God everything works out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt - Frank Booth - 08-04-2021, 12:29 AM