Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt
(08-04-2021, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow may not feel comfortable until his OL consistently gives him a solid pocket to work with for 3+ seconds snap after snap.

Agree with you Ocho, the injury combined with backups starting on the OL in front of Burrow is a bad combination for him 
to get back into the swing of things. This and our Corners blanketing the Receivers also doesn't help but who can blame the 
D? Not like they should be taking it easy.

(08-04-2021, 01:26 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think its clear the knee is still in his head. Besides reports like the one pally just posted, Burrow himself said he needs to take some hits and have some live game reps before he will feel truly normal again. He didnt say that for no reason. Yesterdays chosen starting OL didnt sound very good either. Not a good way to open the first day in pads.

Around the NFL, Rashawn Slater shines on his first day with pads on and dominated every DE he went up against including Joey Bosa. I hope we start hearing reports like this about Chase and Carmen soon. Burrow needs it.
https://theathletic.com/2747680/2021/08/02/chargers-training-camp-report-day-5-rashawn-slater-shines-in-1-on-1-pass-pro/

Yes, it was a bad combination of lots of things. Expect noticeable improvement once the starters play more on the OL and Joe 
gets comfortable. BTW that is pretty wild with Slater playing that good this early against those DL vets. Might be the steal of the
Draft and he might end up being the best OT, better than Sewell. We will see how Carman improves.

Carman didn't have help with D'Ante Smith next to him and not Reiff. I like D'Ante but there is no way he comes in and just 
takes on Hubbard after the year Sam just had. Hubbard worked his ass off and just got paid, he will be a much better pass 
rusher this season guaranteed. Amazing work ethic, just the type of player you want on your team. Now we need to pay Bates.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2021, 01:39 PM