Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt
(08-04-2021, 01:15 PM)pally Wrote: He may have been playing on a past reputation, but in their press questioning a couple of days ago, Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson were singing Josh Bynes praises because of how much they learned from him especially in preparation  Considering how much better they have looked this camp, maybe it was worth having him around for a season.

This was Dehner's comment about Burrow in his article this morning.  The concern about Joe's struggles are legit

"Joe Burrow. It’s just not good right now. Throws that felt like layups last year are dropping harmlessly away from receivers or easily broken up by multiple defenders. There might be a multitude of reasons for the struggles, but this has been ugly. At one point, pressure pushed into his face and Burrow lifted his leg into the air almost to avoid any accident with the close pocket. It makes you wonder if the knee is still in his head, but that’s strictly guesswork. The bottom line is there’s no way to say his play looks comfortable at this point and this isn’t at all what you have seen from Burrow even in the early camp moments of last season. "

Loved Bynes for what he was:  A coach on the field, but he didn't have much in the way of speed any longer.  A savvy vet, though.  

Regarding Burrow's struggles:  I don't worry about that dude because he is as mentally tough as any athlete I have ever experienced.  Everyone I knew associated with that OSU team had REALLY strong feelings about the guy.  A broken hand ended his starting bid, and that forced the transfer to LSU.  

He had to learn a whole new system.  He had to win a team over.  He had two years to do it, and he did it.  

This is his second year in a new system for him and maybe the installs have not gone as well as planned.  Maybe his body needs a little rest from the relentless rehab he has been doing on top of preparing for the season.  I don't know, but I have 100% faith in the guy to overcome any obstacle because he has done it in the past.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt - SHRacerX - 08-04-2021, 01:49 PM