Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hoping Bengals RUN OFTEN Preseason Game 1
(08-04-2021, 01:53 PM)kevin Wrote: You list 5 starters before preseason game one.  Get all the Blockers off the bench and in there to run block against Tampa, and keep bringing in fresh legs using all the running backs.  If there is some Blockers on the bench better than the sad sacks they have been using, find out in preseason game one.  If the Bengals can not learn how to Run Block, then Defenses will go after and kill Burrow.  The KEY to getting the most out of Burrow, Boyd, Higgins, Chase is to keep Defenses Off Balance with a Good Running Attack.  Since Preseason Game One does not count in Regular Season Standings, Get these lard butts off their rear ends and give every one of them a chance to RUN BLOCK.  I want to see every Blocker in camp in this game Run Blocking.  Who Knows, we may just have a Blocking Monster we haven't given a chance to yet. 

By the time the Bengals would rotate to the other OL after their starters, the opposing defense will have likely rotated to their backups too. Seeing the backups do well against other backups won't necessarily determine that they'd do well against starters.

The best run blockers on the team last year were all people you wouldn't want to start on the Bengals because of their poor pass blocking:
Michael Jordan
Bobby Hart
Alex Redmond
Billy Price

My point is if you want a good run blocking OL, you probably need to put in different players than the guys who are better pass blockers.
And if you rotate your blockers based on whether they are good pass vs run, that's going to tip the defense to what the offense would do.

I think given how this team is constructed, the best we can hope/expect is above average passing attack with an average rushing attack.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hoping Bengals RUN OFTEN Preseason Game 1 - ochocincos - 08-04-2021, 02:08 PM