Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passenger From My Wreck Is Opening Up?
Brad, I'm sure it's something that is very difficult for him to talk about, and especially around you.

A couple of friends from my area and school got in a car wreck when they were like 16. The driver died, and the passenger was in a coma for a long time but he ended up recovering. I believe at the time the cops found weed in the car and they were rumored to have been speeding. Translation = They were just being really dumb kids and they paid BIG time for it.

Anways, the guy who lived went to my school and I'll still see him occassionally. I've literally only heard him speak the other kid's name once in the 25 years since it happened. And when he did that I was almost shocked. Not that he went into some great detail about anything or we had some long conversation about him, but just hearing him say his name. I think it's kind of been mutually understood between everyone to not bring up the other guy or the wreck when he's around.

Keep in mind, this kid wasn't even driving. He was just there and suffered too. But I can tell this is a super sensitive subject for him. So much so that I think I remember hearing he avoided the other family after this all went down. I don't even think they were mad at him, they just wanted to make sure he was ok (dude was in a coma and the hospital for like 6 months) but I don't think he could face them.

So as I'm writing this it's clear to me I have absolutely no answer for you. I just think it's important to note that when stuff this heavy goes down people can cope and deal in many different ways. I don't think it's always the easiest to get a read on it. And as far as him getting into drugs or any of that, I'm sure your situation played into that, at least somewhat.

I can't imagine being involved in a situation like this, especially if something as trivial as who gets shotgun results in completely different consequences for two people. I can only imagine what it's like for both of you.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Passenger From My Wreck Is Opening Up? - Wes Mantooth - 08-04-2021, 06:05 PM