Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Only Thing I Care About Right Now
(08-04-2021, 09:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry i think i care about a bit more than just staying healthy.. you could have the most healthy team but still not be good or have major issues.. sport is a bit more complicated than just staying healthy

Not sure you understood the point I was trying to make.  My intention wasn't to claim that staying healthy is the only thing that matters, and the quality of the team is meaningless.  The point was that training camp and the preseason rarely let you know just how good of a team it is you actually have. 

We will not know just how good this team is until the season actually starts.  And even then it will take weeks if not months to truly gauge the roster that was built.  Practice, and meaningless preseason games aren't going to tell us much outside of a couple position battles.  It is my opinion to take everything you read from beat reporters with a grain of salt this time of year.

Hope that makes sense; I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion I only think staying healthy matters when it comes to sports.  Clearly there's plenty that matters.  I'm just not sure training camp news is one of them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Only Thing I Care About Right Now - Wes Mantooth - 08-04-2021, 10:34 PM