Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow's stats from last year...
(08-04-2021, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or at least not the whole story. Just think about how much better his numbers would have looked if he had 3 starting caliber WR’s (which AJ certainly wasn’t). When a guy gets 104 targets and only gives you 523 Yds and 2 TD’s that’s obviously going to skew the stats negatively. And the musical chairs that went on at every single OL spot plus Joe Mixon missing so much time were also big factors.

Anyone that watched Burrow could see he passed the eye test though. At least in most of the games (Baltimore not so much). The Bengals were a REALLY bad team, and they had the #1OA pick for a reason. Under all the circumstances I thought Joe played great.

lets reflect  bit more on your eye test..  he still only won 2 games in this starts and his stats outside of his two game stats with Cleveland 
Cleveland he averaged around 360 yards a game and 6 td s

Not counting Washington (6 games)  he average around 290 yards a game and about a TD passing a game.  and   considering his  passing attempts were NFL records based, i see that as below average .. i agree as a rookie he played well so but so did Dalton who came into a very similar situation with team, record and uncertainty but Joe was consensus number 1 draft pick and i would say was just average on meeting expectations overall..  In the end as the #1 pick winning 2 games out of 10 was a bit of a disappointment and the lack of success in the red zone which means we actually had a chance to score more TDS than we did which like or not go backs to the QB more than anyone else
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow's stats from last year... - Essex Johnson - 08-04-2021, 10:40 PM