Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What the other AFC North teams did and the Bengals didnt do
(08-04-2021, 11:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You left out we brought in Trey Hendrickson who is much younger and the better prospect as an edge rusher. 13.5 sacks.

We had 17 sacks total last year. If Ogunjobi, Reader, Hubbard improve from last year we could be insanely better this year.

All those guys the rest of the AFC North brought in I wanted but they are now depth pieces at this point in their careers.

Good moves by them but I would rather have Hendrickson and extend Hubbard along with Ossai and Sample for the future.

We definitely need depth on the OL, completely agree there. Bring in Mitchell Schwartz is still my call if he is healthy.

Even if he isn't once he is, he could be a great fill in for either Reiff or Jonah at OT once Mitch gets healthy. Not so sure about rooks.

(08-04-2021, 11:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals brought in Trey Hendrickson and Larry Ogunjobi then drafted 4 defensive linemen...

The problem with this line of thought is that the OP clearly said they had elite guys on those teams and brought in talented guys to compete and take rotational snaps on the edge.

If you want to call Hendrickson a much better and younger prospect, then make sure you are comparing him correctly. Hendrickson is being asked to be the "elite" guy on the edge in Cincinnati, meaning he needs to be compared to Myles Garrett and T.J. Watt and who ever replaces Judon in Baltimore (guessing Ngakoue). On that list Hendrickson isn't in the same league of Garrett and Watt at this point... it is a laughable concept to even compare them.

The correct comparison for Justin Houston and Ingram and Clowney would be Sam Hubbard. Sam's a great run defender but not someone who has done much in terms of pass rush numbers outside of 2019. 

I really find it hard to believe that anyone posting here in this thread would have been upset to see Ingram or Houston in Cincinnati... matter of fact I see several names here that were in the FA section saying the Bengals should sign these guys for rotational depth. They are vets, who can cause havoc and have done so in the past. Being asked to not be "the guy" now and being a situational pass rusher will probably do a great deal for their overall production this year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the other AFC North teams did and the Bengals didnt do - Murdock2420 - 08-04-2021, 11:57 PM